Monday, April 16, 2018

I've Been Making Some Art!


"The Dragonfly Key" by Nayad Monroe

"The Reach of Light" by Nayad Monroe


Sometimes I get absorbed in making pictures, and I forget to use my words! But here are some new-ish artworks I have made lately. 

About the "-ish" part: I actually drew and painted small, somewhat different versions of both of these compositions back in 2014. Those are 6" x 6" acrylic paintings on canvas, and I'm keeping them unless someone can figure out and fork over my "make me sell" price for the originals. I'm not actually sure what that would be, but I guess I would know it when I saw it! I tried to scan them and turn them into prints, but a combination of issues -  their size, square shape, and the texture of the canvas - made the results displease me.

For these new, print-worthy versions, I re-drew the images on larger paper, with some composition changes, and scanned them, and then did a lot of digital development to the color and texture of each until I got them looking the way that I wanted them to look. I have a couple more from the original group of little paintings, so I'll probably give those a similar treatment before moving on to adding completely new compositions. I'm working on building up a selection of images before choosing some online venues where I can make them available as various products: definitely prints, but I'd like to get into some other things, like t-shirts, coffee mugs, and other nifty swag like that. I've also been creating print versions of some of my creepy black and white drawings from Inktober 2017. I think it would probably work out best to create separate shops for the different styles, though... THERE IS MUCH WORK TO BE DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment